Cookies & Privacy
VHsquared (we, us, our) takes the privacy and security of your personal data very seriously. This notice outlines the personal data we may collect about you and how we may use it. We may amend this Privacy Notice from time to time; we will notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
This Privacy Notice covers personal information that we collect when you interact with us via this website, and may include:
your name and contact details
- email communications submitted to VHsquared
- your responses to a voluntary inclusion in a survey
- email details, in the event you are seeking additional information from us
- personal information we collect when you report a possible side effect associated with one of our products, which may include information such as your sex, date of birth and information about your health.
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name and an IP Address. When a visitor requests a web page from within the VHsquared website, our servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made.
This information reveals nothing personal about you. The only information that we automatically gather and log is as follows: the IP address of the site that may have referred you; your IP address; the web page that you may have linked to us from, if any; the product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g. Internet Explorer 10); the operating system platform that you may be running (e.g. Macintosh or Windows); search words or terms that are passed from a search engine (e.g. Google or Yahoo).
VHsquared has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. By analysing visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure across the Internet.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
Provide you with information and services including:
- our press releases; and,
- helpful information about our marketing communications, products, surveys and services.
Contact and interact with you, including to:
- respond to your requests; and,
- provide important notices and updates, such as changes to our terms and policies.
Operate our business including to:
- respond to reports you make of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor safety;
- comply with applicable laws, regulations and guidance; and,
- comply with demands or requests made by regulatory authorities, governments, law enforcement authorities.
Improve our operations, including:
- to improve our services and our communications to you;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our services; and,
- (where applicable) to ensure we retain current information for you.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
Data privacy law permits collection of your personal information for different reasons.
We use the personal information for the following reasons:
- Legitimate business purposes – we use your personal information to make our communications more personalised and relevant to you. Additionally, it helps us to operate our business and services more efficiently;
- The processing is in VHsquared’s legitimate interest, for example, VHsquared processes information for scientific and statistical research purposes;
- To perform a contract to which you are a party – we may need to process your personal information to provide a product or service that you request;
- To comply with legal obligations and other requests for information – compliance with laws, regulations and guidance are essential to the legitimate operation of our business;
- You have provided us with your consent – we may need to seek your consent to use your personal data, this will be in full compliance with the rights that you have if we process your information on the basis of your consent.
How long will we retain your information?
We will also retain your personal information for the period required by law. For other personal information:
- For as long as is necessary for us to respond to a request.
We sometimes share your personal information with others, we share with:
- our agents and suppliers, including those who provide us with technical services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- professional advisors, auditors and business partners; and,
- regulators, governments and law enforcement agencies.
Your personal information may be transferred outside your country of origin, including countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. Irrespective of which country your personal information is held in it will be protected in accordance with our privacy and security policies, as outlined below.
Protecting your personal information
We use a variety of security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This may include additional agreements with external suppliers to retain data confidentially.
The transmission to us of information via the internet or a mobile phone network connection may not be entirely secure and will be at your risk.
Your rights regarding your personal information are in accordance with data privacy laws, including your entitlement to:
- request access to your personal data held by us;
- request the correction or deletion of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, or object to that processing;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your data, in circumstances where we are processing your data with your consent;
- request the receipt or the transfer to another organisation, in machine-readable form, of the personal information that you have provided to us; and,
- complain to the ICO in the UK https://ico.org.uk/ or your local data protection authority if your privacy rights are violated or as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information.
What if you do not want to provide us with your personal information?
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and later choose to withdraw from this arrangement, we will respect this in accordance with our legal obligations. This could mean that we may not be able to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes described in the section ‘How do we use your personal information?’ above.
If you have any questions or requests regarding this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to exercise your rights, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
VHsquared Limited is the controller of your personal information.